Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Can you spare a brother a shirt?




On December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM, ribhard@qmil.net wrote:

From: ribhard
To: L.L.Bean Customer Service
Subject: worn out shirt

Mens Long sleeve Chamois Cloth Shirt Hunter Green

I bought an LL Bean shirt 2 -3 years ago and the cuffs on the sleeves are coming apart and very thread bare. Is it possible to return it for replacement? I don’t think I have worn it that much.

Thanks
Ribhard

-----Original Message-----
From: customerservice@llbean.com [mailto:customerservice@llbean.com]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2011 8:32 PM
To: ribhard@qmil.net
Subject: RE: L.L.Bean Customer Service

Dear Mr. Ribhard,

Thank you for contacting L.L.Bean regarding your Chamois Shirt. I'm sorry to hear the cuffs are coming apart. Just a personal comment: It seems any shirt that lasted 2 – 3 years probably lived up to any normal customer expectations…….. I’m just sayin.
Anyway, all of our products are guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way. If you “feel” the shirt has not performed as you expected, given the time and use (and probable abuse) it has been given, you may return it for replacement. (Don’t even think about getting a refund.)

I hope this information is helpful Mr. Ribhard. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Claudia S.
L.L.Bean Customer Service
800-YOU-KIDDING-ME?
llbean.com

On December 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM, "ribhard"
Yes I would like to return it for a replacement, since a refund is apparently not in the cards at this time. Where should I send it? Do you have prepaid shipping labels and packing sheets I can download on line? I’m jest askin.
Thank you
ribhard


Dear Mr Ribhard,

Thank you for contacting L.L.Bean again, concerning your shirt.

You can download a return label/form online at llbean.com under Easy Returns. The link for the Returns information is: http://www.llbean.com/shop/returns/index.html?nav=ftbar . If this is too much trouble, please give us your physical address and we will mail you the paperwork. (We would really like your physical address and a picture for our bulletin board)

I appreciate the opportunity to help you today. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to call. 1-800-YOU-KIDDING-ME?

Sincerely,
Cynthia F.
L.L.Bean Customer Service
800-YOU-KIDDING-ME?
llbean.com


TO: customerservice@llbean.com
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2011 8:32 PM
FROM: ribhard@qmil.net
Subject: RE: L.L.Bean Customer Service

Dear Cynthia,
Ok I will ship the shirt back. I am just wondering: Is there anyway you can next day air the replacement to me righ away? I promise I will send the old shirt back when I get the new one. I hate to be without a warm shirt for several days. (Even with worn sleeves)

Thanks for your consideration.

ribhard

2 comments:

Polvo'd said...

you've got to be kidding me? this is the reason some companies began to simply stop doing business with certain people... sheesh... god knows what those sleeves have been thru anyway

Ribhard said...

I got my replacement shirt a couple of days ago.....the color green is a little lighter than my original shirt..but I guess I will let it slide..........