Wednesday, February 2, 2011


So we now have had two snow days in a row……it has become apparent the people of Colorado do not feel obligated to work or go to school when it is 8 below out here. So during the down time I have accomplished many tasks: took P-Lou to the library yesterday to help me write a homework assignment. As she wrote, I multitasked: I looked up a periodical required and got the reference desk lady to show me where it was, ate a roast beef sandwich, cheese puffs, and drank a diet coke, kept track of the time, all this and still had time to observe P-Lou getting the paper done. On the way back home yesterday, we made a couple of product returns/exchanges at Kohl’s and the Wall of Martness. I now have a big blue sweat shirt to go with my big blue sweat pants.
Also during this two day period, I have invested some serious time into planning some very important projects: taxes, homework, clean up desk, convert VHS to digital, alphabetize CD’s, clean junk drawer, clean garage, thin out old clothes, etc.
I have also cooked a few of my specialties this week…ok ok ok…I have cooked my one specialty: Dill Chicken with rice. P-Lou’s oldest son is staying over for work and he also fixed some delicious Chili. I made omelets this morning too just because I had time with the snow day and all.
Just finished putting a crock pot meal on to cook. Had a 1 LB pork tenderloin I needed to cook. Looked up a few BBQ recipes on line and decided to make my own. Started pulling stuff out of the ice box and pantry shelves and tossing them in the mix:
1 LB Pork Tenderloin cut into two chunks
12 cloves stuck in the meat, ½ Onion sliced and put in the pot, then put the meat on top of the onions, added 1 TBS of spicy mustard, ½ green and yellow bell peppers chopped up, chopped fresh organic baby dill and chives, white pepper, black pepper, Kosher salt, 1/3 cup catsup, 1 TBS liquid smoke, dash of cumin, dash of ground mustard, 1 – 14 oz. can of Swanson 100 % natural chicken broth 99% fat free with no MSG, 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes, dash of Worcestershire sauce, 1 TBS Badi complete seasoning, 1 TBS minced garlic, 2 pcs of double smoked slab bacon cut up into pieces and sprinkled on the meat, 1/3 cup of white rice vinegar. I topped this off with the other ½ onion slices. Set the pot to cook 10 hours on low. Plan on cooking all day, removing the meat, straining the pot liquor whats-left and putting it in a cleaned out used catsup squeeze bottle for bbq ontheside sauce. Will get some fresh buns and serve it up tonight with some coleslaw or potato salad. …….and maybe eat with some black iron skillet cornbread I made the other day.
Will keep you posted on the outcome.

2 comments:

Stephany said...

So, how did the slow cooker meat & various sauces turn out???!

Ribhard said...

pretty good. nothing to write home about...but an easy way to cook pork and make bbq is that good old stand by slow cooker.