Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ugly Wings





-----Original Message-----
From: ribhard
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2011 3:00 AM
To jolene.klastione@kroger.net
Subject: Kroger Chicken Wings Dat Went Ugly

I recently purchased a Kroger brand 48 oz bag of Chicken Wing Drummettes, bone in, skin on. (9999890KL111097863) at King Sooper on Centennial and Fillmore in Colorado Springs, CO.

I usually get fresh wings, bitch about the price, and continue on with my shopping……but this particular day, the store was out of fresh wings. I asked the counter meat man “What up dawg? we got no fresh wings in da box?” He said “Look-a-heh boy, go grab a bag of dem frozen wings, and be on whit yer bidness.” I think he muttered under his breath something like “I gots no time for the likes of you”......…but I ain’t sure. Anyway, short story long, I waddled down to the freezer and snagged a bag. I brought these home and cooked them in the oven as the bag specified. I am never really sure if I am supposed to cook longer or shorter time since I live in Colorado and its 6,000 ft elevation…so I just “winged” it on the cook time. After about 35 -40 mins at 350 I pulled them out of the oven. I have never seen so much chicken dripping fat on a wing / drummette in my life. I had to double check the bag to see if I actually bought chicken wings or did I get fatback bacon grease by mistake. I am not sure if this is the normal way this product turns out, but I will be sure to steer clear of this product in the future. You may want to pass along a little heads up info to the company that is hoodwinking yall on this product: their wings are ugly.
Sincerely,
ribhard


-----Original Message-----
From: jolene.klastione@kroger.com
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2011 1:12 PM
To: ribhard
Subject: Kroger Comment 897573162

Dear Mr. Ribhard:

Thank you for contacting The Kroger. You ain’t the first to bitch about these wings. In fact, we have received so many complaints that we almost took them off the shelves. But strange as it may seem, lots of people just keep on buying them. Anyway I apologize that you were so disappointed in the Kroger Chicken Wings. We are committed to maintaining a high quality in all our products and we appreciate the feedback about the wings.

I am forwarding your comments to quality control for review and consideration. I am also sending you a $10 coupon.

If you have any further concerns or comments please feel free to contact us at 800.THE.KING. (But please don’t make a habit of it.)

Sincerely,
Jolene Klastione
Consumer Affairs

No comments: